Ladakh is beyond doubt the most thrilling and adventurous destination in India and unlike most destinations, the thrill here doesn't lie in any particular activity. Traveling to Ladakh and going from one place to the other is an adventure in itself. Ladakh is an alluring and captivating place. Be it the road travel, the high passes, the pristine lakes, Karakoram Range or the frozen rivers, this is one place that offers a fulfilling and enriching travel experience.
Our trip starts and ends in Delhi and during the 8 day period takes you to the heart of this region, Leh, where you visit monasteries and get the opportunity to observe the Ladakh culture in close quarters. You visit Lamayuru, Sham Valley, Nubra Valley and the extremely beautiful and popular Pangong Lake. You could also choose to experience a double hump camel safari in Deskit. This amazing Ladakh package is bound to make you fall in love with this place.
DAY 01: Leh
Arriving at Leh airport is an experience in itself. At the time of the descent, from one side of the aircraft, you get a distant view of the massive K2, Nanga Parbat and from the other side you get the view of Nun Kung Massif so close that it feels like you can reach out and touch it. Once you arrive in Leh, it is advisable that you take rest and allow yourself sometime for acclimatization with the high altitude and rarefied air of Ladakh. Later in the evening go for a walk to the Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa. Have dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 02: Leh - Lamayuru – Sham Valley (180 Kms / 6 – 7 hrs)
After breakfast you are driven to visit Liker Monastery, Magnetic hill and Gurudwara Pathar Sahib. Post lunch drive to Lamayuru, famous for its oldest monastery in Ladakh. Not only the monastery is worth a visit for its ancient architecture and beautiful old paintings and murals inside the monastery, but the road that leads to it is equally breathtaking. Being situated at an elevated level, it offers splendid views of the honey coloured mountain ranges including the views of the Moonland from the monastery premises. Overnight stay at Sham Valley.
DAY 03: Sham Valley - Leh (72 Kms / 3 – 4 hrs)
After breakfast drive back to Leh. En-route visit the famous Alchi Monastery, a 900 years old Gompa and Hall of Fame Museum for Indian soldiers. It is a must visit for all Indians as it is highly educative. Arrive at Leh by afternoon. Spend the evening taking a walk in and around the local bazaar. Overnight stay at Leh.
DAY 04: Leh - Nubra Valley (120 Kms / 4 – 5 hrs)
After breakfast drive to Nubra Valley, a landscape where one can enjoy everything starting from snowcapped to rocky mountains, from river to sand dunes via Khardung La, the highest motor-able road in the world, at 18,380 ft. Post lunch, enjoy the double humped camel safari at sand dunes between Deskit & Hundur Village. These camels are the living legacy of the central Asian caravan traders seen only in this part of the Ladakh region. Overnight stay at Nubra valley in camps.
DAY 05: Nubra Valley - Leh (120 Kms / 4 – 5 hrs)
After Breakfast visit Deskit Monastery (Big Buddha), where you can have a magnificent view of Nubra Valley and drive back to Leh following the same scenic route, crossing Khardung La. Overnight stay at Leh.
DAY 06: Leh - Pangong Lake (140 Kms / 4 -5 hrs)
After breakfast leave for the blue brackish Pangong Lake which is at a height of 14,500 ft, through Chang La which at 17,350 ft is the 3rd highest motor-able road in the world. One can enjoy unforgettable views from the lake. Arrive at the camp, day at leisure to enjoy the color changing lake and the sun set on the banks of lake. You can even stroll around the nearby small villages to get to know the local lives of the Ladakhi tribes. Overnight at Pangong Lake.
DAY 07: Pangong Lake – Leh (140 Kms / 4 – 5 hrs)
Wake up early morning to enjoy the picturesque view of the sunrise on the lake. After breakfast drive back to Leh, en-route visit Thikse Monastery and Shey Palace. Overnight at Leh.
DAY 08: Leh
Early morning transfer to Leh airport to board flight back home with happy memories to cherish for lifetime.
Duration: 7 Nights/8 Days
Places Covered: Leh, Lamayuru, Sham Valley, Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake
Maximum Altitude: 18,380 feet
1. Accommodation on twin / double sharing basis
2. Price based on minimum of 6 persons
3. All Meals (Bed Tea, Breakfast, Hot / Pack Lunch, Dinner)
4. To and Fro Leh Airport Transfers
5. Transportation by Non A/C Innova or Xylo for Premium, Luxury, Super Deluxe, Deluxe Package (For 2 - 6 Pax)
6. Transportation by Non A/C Scorpio or Sumo Grande for Standard Package (For 2 - 6 Pax)
7. Transportation by Non A/C Tempo Traveller for 8 and 10 pax
8. Innerline Permit
9. One Reach Ladakh Guide Book Complimentary
10. To and Fro Air Fare to Leh from Delhi by GoAir
1. Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered.
2. Rafting, Camel Safari, Monument and Museum entry Charges (suggested to pay directly)
3. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Inclusions"
4. Tips, Porter, Laundry, Phone Calls
5. Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
6. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks or any factors beyond control
7. Cost cannot be clubbed with any other package
8. GST will be applicable on total amount, If Payment by Bank Transfer / Cheque / Credit Card