North East India has always fascinated travelers from all over the country. The seven sisters’ states offer exquisite beauty, unmatched natural surroundings and rich cultural heritage. With our Assam Meghalaya Sojourn, we take you to two of the most beautiful of the seven sisters and over a period of 6 days, we visit the hill towns of Guwahati, Shillong and Cherrapunji.
This trip is the perfect way to get introduced to the charm of the states of Assam and Meghalaya. You would be visiting waterfalls, living root bridges, the wettest place on earth, the cleanest village in the country and so much more. The local people are warm and hospitable, and that would make this sojourn even more memorable.
DAY 01: Guwahati (ASSAM)
After arriving in Guwahati Assam, you will be taken to the hotel. Later in the afternoon, we will visit Kamakhya temple located at the top of Nilachal Hills at about 800 feet above sea level. The entire temple complex hosts not only the main Devi temple but also temples of Devi Kali, Tara, Bagala, Chinnamasta, Bhuvanesvari, Bhairavi and Dhumavati. Later if time permits, you can also visit Sankardev kalakhetra. Enjoy the evening at leisure and return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 02: Guwahati – Cherrapunji (200 km/ 6 hours' drive)
After breakfast, we check out and leave for Cherrapunji in Meghalaya. On the way we visit the Nabagraha Temple. We reach Cherrapunji by evening and check in to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 03: Cherrapunji
We have our breakfast and leave for a very exciting trek, to the living root bridge. The one we visit is a single decker and about 3 – 4 hours from the resort. We cover a total distance of 4 kms, at a height of approx. 1000 feet. This trek would take you downhill through the village of Sohsarat and the steps are steep, short and slippery too, due to the presence of moss. We return to the resort by evening, and spend time at leisure before retiring for the day.
DAY 04: Cherrapunji –Shillong (60 km / 2 hours’ Drive)
After breakfast check out and drive to Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya. As we reach Shillong, we go for local sightseeing visiting the Elephanta falls and Shillong Peak, considered to be the highest point in Shillong. One can enjoy a bird's eye view of the entire Shillong city. This is a place where you can relax and take in the beauty of the quiet and picturesque surroundings with pine trees around. We return to the hotel by late afternoon and take rest. Post this we can go for some shopping in the local markets and return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 05: Shillong – Mawlynnong - Shillong (100 km / 3 hours’ drive)
After an early breakfast, embark on a road drive to Mawlynnong, dubbed as the cleanest village in India by Discover India Magazine. The village is a must visit for every nature enthusiast. The village has so much to offer right from natural scenery, waterfalls, acacia and pepper plantations, stone pathways, lovely flowerbeds, Living Root Bridge and gushing rivulets. One must visit and admire the local Khasis’ initiative to make the village 90% literate. Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
DAY 06: Shillong – Guwahati airport drop
After breakfast, check out and drive to Guwahati airport/ railway station for your journey back home.
Duration: 5 Nights/6 Days
Places Covered: Guwahati, Cherrapunji, Shillong, Mawlynnong
Best Time to go: Throughout the year
1. Meet & greet upon arrival
2. All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary, (vehicle will not be on disposal)
3. Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary
4. Meals on CPAI basis
1. GST @ 5.0% or as applicable
2. Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, Camera fee, any up-gradation charges
3. Cost for Evening snacks & Tea
4. Cost for service not mentioned under the ?cost includes? heads.
5. Cost for airfare, train fare or any other internal fare.
6. Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc.
7. Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest.
8. Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price.
9. Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary.
Be the first to share your experience with us. Send your feedback at email@example.com