Known as the land of high passes, Ladakh is as captivating as any adventure travel destination in the world. Traveling to Ladakh is an experience like no other and each day would offer new vistas to explore and cherish. From traveling on the world’s highest motor-able road, to watching double hump Bactrian camels, honey-colored mountains, gushing rivers, you would be amazed at the amount of natural beauty this region has.
We start and end the trip in Mumbai. In this 8 day trip you rendezvous with serene Pangong Lake, beguiling Nubra Valley, Khardung La and Chang La, and of course the beautiful city of Leh with its old world charm. Apart from admiring the scenic beauty, Ladakh also has monasteries, museums and palaces that you would visit. Just traveling from one place to another, crossing high passes, with mountains forming the perfect backdrop, every day would seem like a perfect adventure.
DAY 01: Leh
Your Ladakh adventure begins the moment you approach Leh airport. The majestic views upon descent are sure to take your breath away. With K2 to the left and Nun Kung Massif to the right, it is exhilarating. Upon arrival, we give you the day to acclimatize yourself to the high altitude and dropped levels of oxygen. Freshen up and spend the evening visiting Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace. Return to the hotel in the evening for overnight stay.
DAY 02: Leh - Lamayuru – Sham Valley (180 Kms / 6-7 hrs)
Have your breakfast and head out to visit Magnetic Hill, Liker Monastery and Gurudwara Pathar Sahib. This takes about half a day. Post this, we have lunch and visit one of the oldest and very popular monasteries in Ladakh in Lamayuru. This monastery is renowned for its ancient paintings and architecture. Since the monastery is situated at high altitude, it makes for a great vantage point to view the mountains and also the Moonland. We return to Sham Valley for an overnight stay.
DAY 03: Sham - Leh (72 Kms / 3 – 4 hrs)
We have our breakfast and head back to Leh. On the way we stop at the renowned 900 years old Alchi Monastery and also the Hall of fame. We reach Leh by afternoon and spend some time relaxing. Evening is spent strolling around in the local markets and overnight stay at Leh.
DAY 04: Leh - Nubra Valley (120 Kms / 4 – 5 hrs)
This day is going to be the most memorable of the trip as we leave for the picturesque Nubra Valley post breakfast. Nubra offers magical views of mountains, rivers and sand dunes. The icing on the cake is the visit to Khardung La on the way, which at 18,380 feet is the highest motor-able road in the world. We have our lunch and visit the sand dunes between Deskit and Hundur Village, where we can enjoy a camel safari (optional, at additional cost), on the double humped Bactrian Camel. Overnight stay at tented accommodation in Nubra Valley.
DAY 05: Nubra Valley - Leh (120 Kms / 4 – 5 hrs)
We have our breakfast and leave to visit Big Buddha or Deskit Monastery. This place offers unmatched views of the Nubra Valley. After this we return to Leh via Khardung La. Overnight stay at leh.
DAY 06: Leh - Pangong Lake (140 Kms / 4 -5 hrs)
Another exciting day awaits you as you prepare to visit the extremely popular Pangong Lake. We leave post breakfast. Pangong is at a height of 14,500 feet and we go via Chang La which at 17,350 feet is the third highest motor-able road in the world. This place would offer unparalleled views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. Post your arrival at the camp you have time aplenty to take leisurely walks around the lake and even nearby villages. Watch the sunset from the shore and see the lake change colors. Overnight stay in tented accommodation.
DAY 07: Pangong Lake – Leh (140 Kms / 4 – 5 hrs)
Start this day early to witness the sunrise on Pangong Lake. It will be an unforgettable experience. Post this, have breakfast and head back to Leh, visitng Shey Palace and Thikse Monastery on the way. Stay overnight at Leh.
DAY 08: Leh
Leave for the airport early morning to catch your flight back home.
Duration: 7 Nights/8 Days
Places Covered: Leh, Lamayuru, Sham Valley, Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake
Maximum Altitude: 18,380 feet
1. Accommodation on twin / double sharing basis
2. Prices based on minimum of 6 persons
3. All Meals (Bed Tea, Breakfast, Hot / Pack Lunch, Dinner)
4. To and Fro Leh Airport Transfers
5. Transportation by Non A/C Innova or Xylo for Premium, Luxury, Super Deluxe, Deluxe Package (For 2 - 6 Pax)
6. Transportation by Non A/C Scorpio or Sumo Grande for Standard Package (For 2 - 6 Pax)
7. Transportation by Non A/C Tempo Traveller for 8 and 10 pax
8. Innerline Permit
9. One Reach Ladakh Guide Book Complimentary
10. To and Fro Air Fare to Leh from Mumbai by GoAir
1. Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
2. Rafting, Camel Safari, Monument and Museum entry Charges (Suggested to pay directly)
3. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Inclusions"
4. Tips, Porter, Laundry, Phone Calls
5. Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
6. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks or any factors beyond control
7. Cost cannot be clubbed with any other package
8. GST will be applicable on total amount, If Payment by Bank Transfer / Cheque / Credit Card