Owing to its soaring mountains, whitewashed chortens and pristine valleys, Ladakh has been attracting people from all over the world. However, the slightly limited transporting options here, makes it one of the most undiscovered places on earth. People from all over the globe come here to cherish its amazing scenery and experience its wonderful culture. No journey is complete till you have something to remember it by, so this trip offers you abundant time to visit several popular attractions in this region. Leh – the desert city in the region – is known for beautiful land-forms and astonishing monasteries, called Gompas in the local language. On this tour, get to know its vibrant culture and various traditions of the local population.
The sightseeing trip in the city includes visits to various attractions like Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa and the school, featured in the blockbuster movie, 3 Idiots. The Leh Palace, constructed in the 17th century, is an iconic landmark of the city. Refresh your mind and soul at the Shanti Stupa, a symbol of universal peace and acceptance. A visit to the gigantic and picturesque Pangong Tso lake is also on the list. On the trip, experience rides on two of the highest motor-able roads of the world – Khardung La and Chang La. Looking down from such high-altitude sites will definitely give you an adrenaline rush.
Day 01: Arrival in Leh
On arrival at Leh Kushok Bakula Rinpoche Airport, meet our representative and transfer to the hotel. Prepare for an amazing journey through the trans-Himalayan district of Jammu and Kashmir, and explore its high passes, Buddhist monasteries and culture.
After check-in, enjoy refreshments and then relax for a while. Thereafter, go for a visit to the magnificent Leh Palace, built in the 17th century by King Sengge Namgyal, as his royal residence. Follow this up with a tour of Shanti Stupa, constructed by Japanese and Ladakhi monks for promoting world peace. Then, visit the local market where you can buy souvenirs for your friends and family. After sightseeing, come back to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Leh Region
After breakfast, visit Hemis Gompa, a centuries-old Buddhist monastery and one of the most sacred ones in the area. Then, take a trip to Thiksey Monastery, which is among the biggest Buddhist sites in the region. Pay your respect to the almost 15-metre tall statue of Lord Buddha at the Shey Palace, a monastery built by King Deldan Namgyal in the 17th century.
Sindhu Ghat, considered as one of the most peaceful and serene river bank, is the next stop. Rejuvenate your senses with the scenic views of the beautiful Himalayan Mountains and the banks of river Indus at the site. A Bollywood touch is given to the day as you also visit the school, featured in the movie, 3 Idiots. Later, drive back to the hotel. Either relax or explore the city on your own. Thereafter, return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 03: Leh to Pangong Tso (14270 feet/approx. 5 hours) | Pangong Tso to Leh
After breakfast, a trip to the mesmerising Pangong Tso lake, which you might remember from the Hindi film, 3 Idiots, begins. Chang La with its winding roads and scary turns is the way to it. On reaching the pass, click a few pictures and then drive down to Pangong Tso, crossing Tangtse village en route.
In winters, the lake freezes, and an ice skating festival is organised on it. The blue, crystalline water of the lake in summers, and the reddish-brown hills surrounding it, make for a perfect backdrop to click memorable pictures. After exploring the area around it, drive back to the hotel in Leh and stay overnight.
Day 04: Leh to Khardung La (18390 feet/approx. 2 hours) | Khardung La to Leh
Enjoy an early breakfast, and later leave for Khardung La, one of the highest motor-able roads in the world, at 18390 feet above sea level. Passing through it, see the Zanskar Range in the south and the peaks of Saser Kangri massif in the north. In the afternoon, return to the hotel for lunch and then relax. You may go for a last minute souvenir shopping in the nearby market place. Later, come back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 05: Departure from Leh
At the scheduled time, drive to the Leh airport for the flight back home.
Duration: 04 Nights/ 05 Days
Region: Leh Ladakh
Places Covered: Leh, Pangong Lake, Khardung La
Best Time to go: April to October
1. Assistance upon arrival at Kushok Bakula Rinpoche Airport
2. Traditional welcome in the Hotel with Welcome Drink (Hot Tea / Coffee / Kahwa) on arrival
3. 04 Nights' Accommodation in Leh on twin sharing Basis as per the Itinerary with Breakfast and Dinner
4. Morning Tea / Coffee with Biscuits on the day of departure
5. Return airport and round trip transfers along with all sightseeing tours by Non-AC Vehicle (Scorpio | Tata Safari | Tavera | Tata Grande for Standard Category) and (Innova | Xylo for Delxe, Super Deluxe, Luxury and Premium) and (08 and Above Pax based on Maxi Cab or Tempo Traveler or Similar) as per the itinerary
6. Wild Life fees and Red Cross fee
1. Any Airfare or GST @ 5.0%
2. Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
3. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Inclusions
4. The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days and after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
5. Guide fee, Camera fee and any monument Entrances
6. Medical and Travel insurance
7. Any changes you may choose to make during your tour
8. Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.