Meghalaya, meaning the abode of the clouds, is a destination that dreams are made of. It boasts many picturesque locations and natural wonders like the living root bridges, waterfalls, lake and lush mountain side. It is also home to the wettest place on earth and the cleanest village in India. With our Meghalaya Weekend Getaway you can explore all this and more.
Over a period of 4 days you get to enjoy the city life in Shillong and have day excursions to Cherrapunji and Mawlynnong. This journey will surely be like no other as this beautiful state in the North-East offers unparalleled vistas and experiences.
DAY 01: Guwahati – Shillong (120 km – Driving time approx. 3 hours)
Reach Guwahati station or airport, where our representative greets you and takes you the Scotland of the East – Shillong, which is the capital city of Meghalaya. It’s a pleasant drive through lush mountains around you. Upon arrival, check in to the hotel and relax. If there is time in the evening, we will take you to visit St. Mary’s Church and Ward’s lake, which is a beautiful destination to walk around or enjoy a boat ride (at extra cost).
DAY 02: Shillong – Cherrapunji – Shillong
Start your day with delicious breakfast in the hotel and then head out for a day excursion to Cherrapunji, the wettest place on earth. On the way we make a quick stopover at Elephanta Falls in Shillong and Shillong peak, the highest point in Shillong, offering bird’s eye view of this beautiful city in Meghalaya. In Cherrapunji, you are enchanted by nature’s bounty as you visit Mawsmai Cave and Falls, Sever Sisters Falls and Nohkalilai Falls. We have lunch and post that leave for Thankarang Park, Koh Ramhah and Khrem Falls. Post this we return to Shillong and on the way take it the beauty of the glorious sun setting behind the ridgelines. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 03: Shillong – Mawlynnong – Shillong
We have a quick breakfast and embark on a beautiful and off beat journey to Mawlynnong which is 100 kms (3 hours’ drive) away from the city. Mawlynnong has been declared by Discover India magazine as the cleanest village in India. It is a model village which all other villages aspire to be. The village comprises 75 households with a sketchy population of only 400. The village boasts 90% literacy with no dropout record from their primary village school. The place is worth visiting as it is a bagful of wonders with paved walkaways and beautiful flowerbeds, waterfalls and the living root bridges along with hilly rivulets, Acacia plantations and last but not the least, mesmerizing view of the far away Bangladesh border. A day in this village gives you an insight into the Khasi life, influence of the church and its metamorphosis. This would definitely be the highlight of your weekend getaway in Meghalaya. We return to Shillong by late evening and enjoy a stroll around the police bazaar which is the shopping hub of city. We come back to the hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 04: Shillong – Guwahati airport drop (140 km / approx. 4 hours’ drive)
Today your beautiful tryst with Meghalaya comes to an end as you get transferred to Guwahati railway station / airport for your homeward journey.
Duration: 3 Nights/4 Days
Places Covered: Shillong, Cherrapunji, Mawlynnong
Best Time to go: Throughout the year
1. Meet & greet upon arrival
2. All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at disposal)
3. Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary
4. Meals on CPAI basis
1. GST @ 5.0% or as applicable
2. Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, Camera fee, any up-gradation charges
3. Cost for Evening snacks & Tea
4. Cost for service not mentioned under the Inlcusions heads
5. Cost for airfare, train fare or any other internal fare
6. Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc.
7. Expenses incurred due to change in oil price, mishaps, landslide, strike, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual which will be collected directly from the guest
8. Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price
9. Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary