A wonderful camping experience awaits you at Nashik, a Maharashtrian city known for its various wineries. The premium quality wine produced at these wineries has made it famous on the global front as well. Every year, numerous wine enthusiasts head to the city for a wine tour of Nashik.
You get to explore the flourishing wine industry and enjoy fabulous Nashik vineyard tours. Known as ‘The Wine Capital of India’, Nashik produces about 10,000 tons of grapes per year. A major chunk of the wineries in India, i.e. 22 out of a total of 46, lies in Nashik which is a great feat in itself. Various wine fests are held in Nashik where delicious food, music, and of course, wine tasting sessions are arranged. Be a part of the grape stomping session, enjoy a foot massage, or get a tattoo of your choice, during this festival. The rock, electronic, reggae, folk, and blues music performances set the perfect ambiance for wine tasting and relaxing. There are opportunities to shop as well, during the wine fest. You can buy high-quality wines along with your favorite snacks.
With this 2-day trip, enjoy camping and touring around the vineyards in Nashik. Embark on a trip to Nashik from Dadar East, your starting point. Witness the interesting sights on the way and on arrival, take a tour of the vineyard. As you tour around the vineyards, a brief introduction about the place and wine making process will be given. If you want to know more about the process, a movie on wine making is also shown at the vineyard. After the session, camping activities will start late in the evening. Gather around the bonfire and have a great time enjoying barbecue meals or simply relax amidst the peaceful setting of the vineyard.
Set out to explore more of Nashik’s vineyards, on the second day of this trip. Watch the wine making process at this vineyard and later, relish a glass of this delicious drink. With delightful memories of this vineyard tour, head to Mumbai.
Day 1: Dadar East – Kasara - Nashik
Embark on an awe-inspiring wine tour of Nashik through the vineyards with this two-day trip. Your trip starts near Pritam Hotel at Dadar East. Travel via private vehicle to reach the vineyard. En route to the vineyard, stop by at Kasara and savor a sumptuous breakfast. On arrival at the vineyard, get familiarized with the surroundings and relish an appetizing lunch. Later, get a brief introduction about the place. Indulge in grape stomping which is a process to make wine. Continue your tour around the vineyard till sunset. Also, watch an informative movie on the wine making process. At night, huddle around the bonfire and enjoy a delicious barbecue. Later, have a filling dinner and retire for the night.
Day 2: Nashik – Mumbai
Enjoy a satiating breakfast and proceed to visit the nearby vineyard for wine tasting in Nashik. The ‘Wine Capital of India’, Nashik is home to many wineries where you can spend time sipping the delightful drink, stomping grapes to make wine, camping at the location, etc. Take in the beautiful sights around the vineyards and observe how wine is made. Later, proceed for your return trip to Mumbai. On the way, halt to have lunch near Nashik. Cherish the memories of your vineyard tour and camping at Nashik, as you head to your destination.
Location: Nashik, Maharashtra
Duration: Day Trip
How to Reach
• By Air: About 25 km from Nashik, Ozar Airport is the nearest airport to this place. This airport has proper connectivity from all the major cities by domestic flights. From here, you can either board a bus or hire a taxi to reach Nashik.
• By Rail: Nashik Road Railway Station is the main railhead in this city. A number of regular trains from Dadar (Mumbai) and Pune are available to Nashik. From here, you can either board a bus or hire an auto-rickshaw or taxi, which are easily available at reasonable fares.
• By Road: This city is easily accessible by road from Mumbai as it is about 170 km from it. There are number of buses running frequently between Dadar and Nashik. In case you are not around Dadar, then you can also take a bus from Borivali. You can also hire a cab or taxi from Mumbai to get to this place. Alternatively, you can also reach this city from Pune, which is about 200 km via NH 50.
Wine tasting is not compulsory
For tasting one has to attain the legal drinking age and possess sound health
Wine tasting is done as per the concerned winery rules
Wine tours are operated on weekends only
1. Transportation from Dadar to Dadar by private AC bus
2. Tented accommodation on triple sharing basis
4. All meals
5. Wine tasting, visit to wineyard and one wine bottle complimentary