Latest posts by Meenakshi (see all)
Known as a soft adventure today, hiking is as old as humanity itself. In the past, people hiked miles and miles in search of food, shelter and new settlements. In this process many new lands were discovered and popular hiking trails established. Now we go hiking for leisure and thrill and the world is full of some wonderful hiking trails. Adventure Nation has prepared a list of some of the most amazing ones:
- Inca Trail, Peru – Crossed by 1000s every year, this ancient trail was laid out by the Incas. It leads up to Machu Picchu winding up and down the mountains.
- Kungsleden, Sweden – Kungsleden (the “The King’s Trail”) is a 100 miles inside the Arctic Circle. It’s a 275 – mile trail and one of the greatest wildernesses in Western Europe.
- Grand Canyon Hike, Arizona– This hike offers the best natural architecture one could ever come across along with billions of years’ worth of geology.
- The Hot Spring Route, Iceland– From Landmannalaugar to Thorsmork in the South of Iceland, this 4 day hike has rivers, lakes, mountains and glaciers in its scope.
- Fitz Roy Trek, Patagonia, Argentina – Fitz Roy Massif is an iconic ridge that makes for an amazing hike taking one from glaciers to forests to waterfalls!
- Petra through the Back Door, Jordan – This weeklong hike takes one through the rugged wilds of Jordan to the Nabataean city of Petra.
- Lairig Ghru, Scotland – This 10 mile mountain pass is the best way to experience the beauty of Cairngorms. It reaches approximately 835 meters at the Pools of Dee.
- Fjords, Norway – Considered a heaven for hikers, the steep Preikestolen cliff or Trolltunga, not only offers picturesque views but also a thrilling climb.
- Fiordland, New Zealand – Dominated by the steep sides of the snow-capped Southern Alps, Fiordland is considered to be one of the finest walking trails on the planet.
Blyde River Canyon, South Africa – The exotic biodiversity of this area makes hiking around this 33 km canyon extremely exciting and enjoyable.