Camping in Kerala
Revel in the bewitching environs and soothing sounds of the nature, by camping in Kerala. This place, famed for its rainforests and waterfalls, gives you a great opportunity to leave your hurried city life behind for a few days.
Nestled between the Arabian Sea and Western Ghats, Kerala is one of the most sought after destinations in India. Bestowed with emerald backwaters, tranquil hill stations, gushing waterfalls and lush green surroundings, it is one of the few destinations, on which nature has showered ultimate beauty. This pristine and peaceful Indian state warmly welcomes you for a unique experience, which you can enjoy by availing camping in Kerala tour packages.
Nature Zone Resort, Munnar: Located in the Munnar district of Kerala, this resort, amidst the serene nature, is a perfect spot to get close to the nature. To make up to your desire for relaxing in the lap of nature, this resort does not provides for cottages or luxury rooms. Instead, there are African tents on the ground and bamboo houses on tree tops. Each of these accommodation has well-equipped rooms with comfortable beds, attached bathrooms and balconies. With coir flooring and dim lighting, all these accommodation units are sure to soothe your stay, and the balconies present a panoramic view of the scenic surroundings. This resort provides for both restaurant and kitchenette, so it is up to you to choose your own gourmet.
In addition to tent camping, this resort also arranges for activities like trekking, rappelling, jummaring, mountain biking and Jeep safari.
• By Air: The nearest airport to this place is Cochin International Airport, which is about 110 km from here. From airport, it will take around two and a half hours to reach this resort.
• By Rail: Aluva and Ernakulam, at distances of about 114 and 131 km respectively from the resort, are the nearest railheads.
• By Road: At a distance of about 2.2 km from this resort, Munnar Bus Stand, which is the nearest bus stand, can be easily reached from various places.
Rainforest Resort, Athirapally: Set amid the enchanting backdrop of Athirapally Falls and lush greenery, this resort is an ideal place to enjoy intimacy with nature. To let visitors feel like home, the resort boasts nine rooms in four categories – Tree House, Celestial, Luxury and Premium Rooms. All rooms are lavishly designed, and feature comfortable beds, sofas, private bathrooms, balconies, safes and mini-bars. The mesmerising beauty of this lovely cascade can be captured from balconies of your rooms. This resort also arranges for some complimentary facilities like swimming pool, lawn, recreation and dining room.
Camping at the rumbling Athirapally Falls is sure to add to your beautiful memories. A range of fun activities that you can indulge in while camping include fishing, trekking and a visit to the elephant camp.
• By Air: Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport to this place. At a distance of about 39 km from the airport, this resort can be easily reached via Chalakudy-Anamula Road.
• By Rail: Chalakudy, Thrissur and Ernakulam are the nearest railheads to this resort. All these railheads are well-connected to the major cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
• By Road: This resort is easily accessible by road as it has good connectivity from places like Thrissur, Chalakudy and Cochin.
Hornbill Camp in Thattekkad, Kerala: Situated on banks of the Periyar River, this camp is set amid dense forests. This camp has 20 tents, out of which 17 face the river. Though it is located in a remote location, this campsite takes care of all your basic needs. The tents feature comfortable beds, private bathrooms, beautiful interiors and balconies. You can also relish a sumptuous buffet of Keralite cuisine at the gazebo, which is set deep in the forest. Being located close to Dr. Salim Ali Sanctuary, the camp is a paradise for birdwatchers as it gives them a chance to spot over 270 species of avifauna. Camping amid the dense forest of rosewoods is truly an unforgettable moment.
Trekking, birdwatching tour, cycling, biking and kayaking are some of the activities that the camp arranges for visitors. To have a wonderful birding experience, hordes of travellers visit it during camping in Kerala.
• By Air: Cochin Airport is the nearest airport to this place that can be reached easily from Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
• By Rail: Aluva, at a distance of about 49 km from the campsite, is the nearest railhead. This place is well-connected by an extensive rail network from Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai and Bangalore.
• By Road: At a distance of about 65 km from Cochin, this camp is at a 2-hour drive from the city via NH 49.
• Nature Zone Resort, Munnar: September or October till March
• Rainforest Resort, Athirapally: During Monsoons
• Hornbill Camp in Thattekkad: October to March or April to June
The best of destinations and activites for you