Weekend Getaways from Pune
If you wish to escape from the humdrum of the city and want to rejuvenate your body, mind and soul, then opt for weekend getaways from Pune. These destinations offer a wide range of adventure activities, which you can indulge in for fun. Know more about Adventure Trips near Pune.
• Lonavala: Encompassed by lush green hills of the Sahyadri Range, Lonavala is a beautiful hill station in the Pune district. The emerald surroundings and salubrious climate of the place have always grabbed the attention of nature lovers. Be it hot air ballooning or bungee jumping, the thrilling terrains of the place await to enthral visitors with a number of activities. Know more about Hot Air Balloon Ride in Lonavala.
Distance: 65.4 km from Pune via Mumbai-Pune Expressway
• Mumbai: The capital city of Maharashtra, Mumbai is the most modern city of India. Comprising seven islands, this city boasts several fishing sites, and has emerged as a prominent destination for water sports like scuba diving and sailing. Know more about Adventure Trips near Mumbai.
Distance: 147 km from Pune via Mumbai-Pune Expressway
• Kamshet: Located in Pune district, Kamshet is a small town that was originally named as Karmakshetra – the land of your karmas. The undulating landscape, gushing lakes and lush green cover make it an ideal holiday getaway. Located at a medium altitude, this place is a paradise for paragliders.
Distance: 47.4 km from Pune via NH 4
• Kolad: Situated on the banks of the Kundalika River, which is among the fastest flowing rivers in the state, Kolad is a village in the Raigad district. This small hamlet has gained recognition for providing a number of adventure activities. Some of them are rappelling, kayaking, trekking and mountain biking; however, river rafting is the most popular of them all.
Distance: 114 km from Pune via Paud Road
• Tadoba: Located in the north-eastern part of Maharashtra, Tadoba is the largest and oldest national park of the state. Situated in the Chandrapur district, this park gets its name from the local deity named Taru. The park is often called the jewel of Vidarbha as it is a treasure trove of innumerable species of flora and fauna. Panthers, tigers, sloth bears, barking deer, nilgai and jackals are some of the wild species that are sighted in this park. Jungle safaris in open gypsies form the main attraction here.
Distance: 770 km from Pune via NH 222
• Kambre: Located near Pune in Maharashtra, Kambre is a small village that earns fame for its picturesque backdrop of the Western Ghats. It also has a beautiful lake and some gushing waterfalls. The topography of the village is perfect for enjoying adventures like rappelling, rock climbing, zip-lining and river crossing.
Distance: 51.8 km from Pune via NH 4
• Koyna: Nestled in the Western Ghats, Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Satara district of Maharashtra. The reserve together with Chandoli National Park forms the respective northern and southern parts of the Sahyadri Tiger Reserve. Koyna River originating from Mahabaleshwar meanders through the reserve. For its potential of electricity generation through Koyna Hydroelectric Project, the river is termed as the lifeline of Maharashtra. Trekking, rappelling and campfire are some of the activities, which can be enjoyed in the forests of Koyna.
Distance: 184 km from Pune via NH 4
• Scuba Diving in Mumbai: If you are seeking a new and thrilling adventure during weekend getaways from Pune, then the blue waters of coastlines in Mumbai await your visit. Scuba diving in Mumbai provides a chance to explore the Sargassum forests, corals and a diverse variety of fish.
• Bungee Jumping in Lonavala: Della Adventures in Lonavala, that is one of the largest adventure parks in India, promises you a pulse-pounding experience of bungee jumping. Here, the activity is carried out from a high platform and lasts for around five minutes.
• Paragliding in Kamshet: Nestled in the ranges of Sahyadri, Kamshet is a significant destination for paragliding. The place presents a perfect setting of low hills and winds with an average speed of 20 kmph that help in easy take off. Know more about Kamshet Paragliding.
• Rafting in Kolad: Kundalika River, with its 14 km stretch of thrilling rapids, is a popular site for rafting. Waters from nearby dams are the main sources of water for this river, and generate rapids of Grade II and III to let you enjoy the thrill involved with this activity. Know more about River Rafting in Kolad.
• Jungle Safari in Tadoba: Spread over an area of about 120 sq. km, the park has rich biodiversity, which can be best sighted with Jeep safaris. The open jeep ride gives you a chance for sighting the wildlife from such a close distance.
• Adventures in Kambre: Situated amid Western Ghats, Kambre offers a list of adventure activities like bouldering, rock climbing, zip-lining, rappelling and trekking.
• Trekking in Koyna: The trek in Koyna starts from Satara and takes you to Bamnoli. As you reach there, take a boat ride to Vasota, which is famous for the hilltop fort. After reaching here, trek to Met-Indavali and enjoy spectacular views of the ranges of Sahyadri while enjoying this one of weekend getaways from Pune.
• Mumbai: September to November
• Lonavala: Throughout the year
• Kamshet: October to June
• Kolad: June to October
• Tadoba: October to February
• Kambre: July to February
• Koyna: October to May