Adventure Tours in Himachal Pradesh
Adventure tours in Himachal Pradesh are for people of all ages and of varied tastes in terms of activities. Most of such activities make use of hills in some or the other way, as much of the state is mountainous. The altitude in the state ranges from roughly 1400 feet to over 20000 feet, accounting for a substantial variation in climate. Whenever you come to any of the places in the state, you will find some or the other activity being organised.
1. Trekking in Himachal Pradesh
Adventure tours in Himachal Pradesh are of different durations and difficulty levels for you to choose from as per your wish or expertise. The on-foot expedition to Hampta Pass is quite popular and is admired by all those who have taken part in it.
• Hampta Pass Trek: Hampta is a mountain pass at an elevation of approximately 14000 feet above sea level. It is a 5 day trek and starts from Manali.
• Malana Chanderkhani Pass Trek: Even though this trek is for 4 days, it is a challenging one. It starts from Manali and takes you to a maximum altitude of approx. 12000 feet.
• Pin Parvati Pass Trek: With a maximum altitude of 17450 feet, this is a difficult trek and is recommended for seasoned trekkers.
• Spiti Valley Trek with Homestay: Spiti Valley is among the most remote places in the world to be inhabited and , trekking is an amazing way to explore this barren but beautiful valley! Trekking to some of the highest and marvellous monasteries and staying with the locals in a homestay will make your experience memorable. More about Trekking in Spiti Valley
Know more about other popular options for Trekking in Himachal Pradesh.
2. Skiing in Himachal Pradesh
Skiing is the ultimate sport to take up for making the most of adventure tours in Himachal Pradesh taken in the winter season. Skiing in the state is most famously held in Solang Valley.
• Skiing in Solang Valley: The valley lies at an approximate elevation of 8400 feet above the sea. Board the gondola from its base station, and be transported to a height of around 9000 feet above sea level, to the top of the ski point. From here, there is an uninterrupted drop of over half-a-kilometre, which will make your heart beat faster.
• Season: As it depends on the natural availability of snow, skiing will only be organised in the months of December, January and February.
• Time: The best time to ski is during the height of day, when the sun is at its strongest. This period is ideal for the activity as the heat will keep the snow fluffy, and prevent it from turning into ice.
Know more about other popular options for Skiing in Himachal Pradesh.
3. Paragliding in Himachal Pradesh
Go on adventure tours in Himachal Pradesh in the summer season to take part in paragliding. The activity is popular in the state owing to its hills, which are used as launching spots. Paragliding in the state is hosted in Solang Valley, which has already been described above, and the twin spots of Bir and Billing.
• Paragliding in Bir Billing: The flights are launched into the air from Bir, which has an altitude of approximately 7800 feet. When it is time to come down, you will land at Billing, which has an elevation of about 5003 feet above sea level.
Know more about other popular options for Paragliding in Himachal Pradesh.
4. Camping in Himachal Pradesh
There is a horde of beautiful and serene locations if you want to take adventure tours in Himachal Pradesh to camp.
• Shimla: The capital of the state is also among the foremost places to camp. Its scenic beauty, cool weather and serene camping spots make it an ideal place to spend your time quietly.
• Junga: Living amidst nature in Junga will be accompanied by enthralling views of perpetually snow white mountains. The best thing about the place is its intermediate elevation and less variation in temperature.
• Shoghi: Located approximately 5700 feet above the sea, Shoghi is another amazing place in the state to set up tents. The air filtered and scented by pine trees will keep you ever-fresh.
• Dharamsala: While staying here in tents, remember to click lots of photos of the scenery of the area and of the Dhauladhar Range.
• Kaza: A perfect summer holiday destination about 12000 feet above the sea, Kaza is known for its barren, but enchanting landscape.
• Sangla Valley: The campsites here use the mountains to organise exciting engagements like river crossing, rappelling and rock climbing.
• Sojha: The village of Sojha has an altitude of around 8860 feet, and the landscape here is completely covered by coniferous trees. Groves of cherries and apples make the place even prettier, and things to do here include trekking and wildlife spotting.
• Thanedar: The apple capital of the state, Thanedar is blessed with abundant natural beauty and a cool climate.
Know more about other popular options for Camping in Himachal Pradesh.
5. Motorbiking in Himachal Pradesh
Some of the best adventure tours in Himachal Pradesh take you from Manali along the narrow and winding roads of the mountains to Leh. You will drive through sites like Sarchu, Gata Loops, Morey Plains, Baralacha La, Khardung La, Nubra Valley, Kargil, Dras, Pangong Tso, Keylong, Tanlang La and Rumtse. The flat terrain of Morey Plains will give you a relaxed driving experience while the hairpin bends of Gata Loops will send chills down your spine.
Delhi to Spiti Motorbike Expedition via Manali: Nothing can be more adventurous than taking an 11 days’ bike trip to India’s one of the most unexplored and offbeat destinations! The landscapes of Spiti, the ever-changing colours of Chandratal Lake, 1000 years old monasteries, and enchanting Himalayan Peaks will take your breath away!
Motorbike Expedition from Manali to Ladakh: Escape to the paradise and spend 12 days amidst the Himalayas! This bike trip will offer you the perfect blend of barren beauty and adventure. From remote villages of Himachal Pradesh to the Land of High Altitude Passes, explore the enchanting valleys on your dream bike trip!
6. Road Trips in Himachal Pradesh
A drive through the roads in Himachal Pradesh will get you closer to the raw beauty amidst mountains. Driving through the Gata Loops of Manali- Leh Highway will be one of the most thrilling experiences of your life. Ride on the Hindustan-Tibet Highway and explore the Spiti Valley and its enchanting landscapes.
Hindustan Tibet Highway Tour: The road trip that takes you from Chandigarh to the enticing Spiti valley through some of the unexplored and remote villages of Himachal Pradesh. For 10 days you just have to sit back in the car and take in the beauty of mountains.
Spiti and Kinnaur Road Trip ex Chandigarh: Escape the summer heat this year and head out for one for the greatest road-trips in Asia. A trip to Chandratal lake and camping by the lake
is the best part of the trip!